Frequently Asked Queries
Welcome to our FAQ and Policies page!
First thing of note - the way we have our site set up. What's with all the weird nicknames ya'll?? Simple answer - the names of these characters, the anime titles, and any images involved with them belong to their creators! Without permission from them (via licensing) it would be downright rude (and illegal) to commandeer the use of them for our site. So we don't! Respecting the intellectual property of our fellow artists is massively important to us. Beyond it being against the law, it's poor form, kids. Therefore! We design our own clothing, yes by being inspired by their work, but we refrain from using their names, imagery, etc until we get permission. While we are in the process of requesting licensing from various creators, we will stick to our little nicknames and spinoffs! Feel free to message us with any questions or concerns.
Now! On to the goodies:
- Shipping, Turnaround Time, Rush Orders
- Custom Orders
- Return Policy
Shipping, Turnaround Time, Rush Orders
What is your shipping policy?
- We ship via USPS domestic and international, unless otherwise requested. If you would like to request a different carrier, please contact us prior to ordering and we can set up custom shipping for your order. You will be provided a tracking number for all shipments.
- If your item arrives damaged, late, or doesn't arrive at all please contact us with any concerns. We can follow up with the carrier on our end, but please also contact your local carrier to file a missing item/ damaged arrival claim. We will do everything we can to help the shipping process go smoothly - but ultimately the carrier is responsible and in control here! Please see our return policy for more information on damaged and missing item replacements.
- Please note, not all shipping speeds are guaranteed by USPS. If you need your item by a certain date, you may have to choose Express shipping to get the delivery guarantee or go with another carrier who can provide Delivery Guarantee. We are not responsible for shipping delays.
- For international orders we are not responsible for customs and VAT charges.
What is turnaround time, and how long does it take?
- Turnaround time is the amount of time it takes for us to process and make your order prior to it being shipped. This does NOT include shipping time. Our items are made to order and can take anywhere from 1 day to 10 weeks to make depending on the complexity of the item.
- Each item will have its turnaround time listed in the product description. For example, if you order an item that is listed as a 1-2 week turnaround, it will be no less than 1 week and no more than 2 weeks from the time of purchase for the item to be shipped. Then it will take the days based on your chosen shipping speed for the item to arrive. Please take this into account when ordering, to be sure your item will arrive in time for your event! If you need the item sooner than our turnaround plus shipping time can offer, we can set up a custom Rush Order for you.
Do you do rush orders?
- Yes, we can put a rush on your order if our standard turnaround plus shipping time won't make it in time for your event. Please contact us with your rush order request and include what item(s) you will need and the date you need them to arrive by. Rush order fee is variable, depending on how quickly you need your item and can be anywhere from 10%-50%.
Do I need to pay for customs and VAT?
- Yes, we are not responsible for customs taxes and fees.
Do you take commissions?
- Yes, we do! Please contact us with your custom order request, and please include the following with your message:
- Photos of the item, front, side, and back if possible, in color
- Name of the character and where the character is from (game, anime, manga, etc)
- When you need it by
- Your size (XS-XL) or if you would like it custom sized
- Any further details you'd like to provide
- Yes, we do! Please contact us with your custom order request, and please include the following with your message:
Do you do custom sizing?
- Yes, we can custom size any of our pieces. Please contact us prior to ordering for any custom sizing requests. Full made-to-measure custom sizing is a flat 50% fee, which covers redrafting to your measurements, a test mock-up, and the making of your final item. Please be aware that custom sizing will get you a closer fit than a generic size, but the only way to get a perfect fit would be to have it tailored directly to you in person. Currently, we do not offer in-person fittings but will do one set of free alterations on any full made-to-measure order (buyer pays shipping).
- The custom size fee is variable if there are minor changes (i.e. you need it shorter, or just the hips let out a little) and you do not need a full made-to-measure custom size. Please contact us for a quote.
Can you make it in a kid's size?
- Yes, please contact us prior to ordering with your child's size and and we can make a custom listing for you.
- We accept all major credit cards, as well as PayPal.
Why does this listing say "preoder"?
- While new items are in development, we will list them in "preorder" phase. At this time there are no images of the final product, there may be supplemental images available (character image, fabric, sketch outs, similar finished products to show quality). At this time you can purchase the item at a 25% discount from its estimated retail price. Have no fear, your discounted price at time of purchase will be honored even if the finalized retail price goes up later!
How quickly will I receive my preorder item?
- As all preorder items are still in development, your item will not have a firm delivery date. There will be an estimated "finalization" date listing in the description of when we expect the development phase to be complete and the items ready for production as well as an estimated turnaround time for the item. Once the item is finalized, the turnaround time will kick in on your order and your orders will begin being made. If there is a significant delay in the estimated finalization date, you will be contacted and will have the option to cancel your order or keep it.
- For example:
- "Preorder 25% off! Estimated finalization date March 1st. Estimated turnaround time 1-2 weeks."
- This means you have until March 1st to purchase the preorder at the discounted rate, and that your item will ship 1-2 weeks after March 1st.
- We do not accept returns or exchanges as all of our items are made to order. However, this may be reviewed on a case by case basis. If there is a problem with your order, please contact us!
- If your items arrive damaged, or the wrong item was sent, please contact us for an exchange or replacement, and include photos of the damage for claims with the shipping carrier. Please also contact your local carrier to follow up on any missing items, as they may be able to quickly tell you where your package is and why it is delayed. Once items are shipped we have no control over the package handling through the carrier. We are not responsible for misdelivery of items, though we are happy to help communicate with the carrier to track down any missing packages.
- We hold a strict 24hr cancellation policy, as all of our items are made to order we cannot cancel once materials are purchased and work begins. Please submit any cancellation requests before 24hrs!!
- Section 1 - What do we do with your information?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
- Section 2 - Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
629 W Cermak Rd
Chicago, IL 60613
- Section 3 - Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
- Section 4- Shopify
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
- Section 5 - Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about store visits and the pages being viewed.
- Section 6 - Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
- Section 7 - Cookies
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer. cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
- Section 8 - Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
- Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
629 W Cermak Rd
Chicago, IL 60616